Our program is hosted on the Rockhurst's campus. Our central location gives visiting students an amazing opportunity to absorb and enjoy the rich culture of Kansas City.
Non-local students are highly encouraged to stay in Rockhurst University's Townhouse Village Units. These apartment-style living spaces are two-story apartments. These units are located on Rockhurst University's campus and include 24 hour surveillance by campus police. In addition, the Townhouse Village neighbors the student workshop and classrooms, which is where all of The Illustration Academy's activities and events will be hosted. Staying on campus is not only a tremendously cost-effective and accessible lodging solution, but it also allows students to fully enjoy and benefit from The Illustration Academy community that manifests during the program.
Townhouse Village Unit Rates:
- Single/Private: $55.00 per night ($385 per week)
- Doubles/roommates: $32.50 per night ($227.50 per week)
Townhouse Village Unit resources available include:
- In-hall laundry facilities
- Kitchens - these facilities are completely bare bones and are outfitted similarly to college dorms. The kitchens DO NOT contain pans, utensils, or dish ware. Students planning to cook or prepare food in the Townhouse Units must provide these materials on their own.
- Students staying in the THV units must bring their own towels and toiletries.
- Individual beds - sheets, pillows, and blankets are not included.
- Desks with chair
- Common space entertainment center
- Common space dining Room table and chairs
- Air conditioning
- Wireless & wired internet access
- Secure entries
- Security Cameras
- Basically, imagine you are moving into an apartment with furniture. Unfortunately, they are not set up like a hotel.
Rockhurst University's cafeteria is open for the duration of the workshop. This is not included in housing, but is an affordable meal option during your stay.
Breakfast - $5.85
Lunch - $7.22
Dinner - $8.72
The campus Subway will also be open periodically in June.
Rockhurst University is centrally located in Kansas City, MO. Students will be within walking distance of countless art venues, public attractions, restaurants, and stores. A few neighboring organizations include:
- The Nelson Atkins Museum
- The Kemper Museum
- National World War 1 Memorial and Museum
- The Money Museum at The Federal Reserve Bank
- The American Jazz Museum
- The Country Club Plaza
- Kansas City's Historic Westport
- Union Station
- Over 40 local restaurants
- Westport's local grocery store, SunFresh
Students have a number of options for transportation. Most importantly, the students are within walking distance of any resources they might need during their stay in Kansas City. The city offers reliable and tourist friendly public transit. In addition, Kansas City currently has Uber, which has become a tremendously reliable and safe mode of transportation.
Also, a number of visiting students have purchased affordable and used bikes upon their arrival. This simplifies commuting and can be a fun way to see the city. Just remember to be careful and wear a helmet if you choose to do this.
* The cost of room and board is not included in The Illustration Academy tuition of $4,900.00 for the full program or $1,200.00 for the single weeks. To maintain your reservation, all housing must be booked no later than April 29. If you are enrolling for the program after April 29, you must pay for housing when you pay for your tuition to reserve your spot.