Room & Board
Our program is hosted on the Rockhurst University's campus in Kansas City, MO. Our central location gives visiting attendees an amazing opportunity to absorb and enjoy the rich culture of Kansas City.
Non-local attendees are highly encouraged to stay in Rockhurst University's dorms. These ARE NOT the Townhouse units used in the past. The dorms are located on Rockhurst University's campus and include 24 hour surveillance by campus police. The dorm neighbors the Student Activities Center, where the entire workshop is hosted. The meal plan is included in housing.
Dorm and Meal Plan:
- Single: $55.00 per night. ($385/week) This includes 3 meals a days.
Rockhurst Dorm resources available include:
- These facilities are outfitted as a typical dorm.
- In-hall laundry facilities
- The building shares one kitchen.
- Attendees staying in the dorms must bring their own towels and toiletries.
- Individual beds - sheets, pillows, and blankets are not included.
- Attendees should bring their own twin xl sheets, pillows, blankets, and towels. Many attendees bring sleeping bags.
- There are shared restrooms and showers on each floor.
- Desks with chair
- Air conditioning
- Wireless internet access
- Secure entries
- Security Cameras
- Understand that you are moving into a dorm. These facilities are not set up like a hotel.
- Rockhurst University's catering service will be providing meals for the duration of the workshop.
- This will be available 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Meals will include vegan and vegetarian options.
Rockhurst University is centrally located in Kansas City, MO. attendees will be within walking distance of countless art venues, public attractions, restaurants, and stores. A few neighboring organizations include:
- The Nelson Atkins Museum
- The Kemper Museum
- National World War 1 Memorial and Museum
- The Money Museum at The Federal Reserve Bank
- The American Jazz Museum
- The Country Club Plaza
- Kansas City's Historic Westport
- Union Station
- Over 40 local restaurants
- Westport's local grocery store, SunFresh
- Whole Foods within a 10 minute walk
Attendees are within walking distance of any resources they might need during their stay in Kansas City. The city offers reliable and tourist friendly public transit. In addition, Kansas City currently has Uber.
* The cost of room and meals is not included in The Illustration Academy tuition of $4,899.00 for the full program or $1,199.00 for the single weeks.