Set the Bar High
Learn everything you need to build a killer portfolio for submission to art & design colleges and universities.
You will learn the fundamental skills to create compelling artwork, complete a project, and draw your heart out.
A professional illustrator will guide you every step of the way. This workshop is taught by highly acclaimed working artists.
Ideation, Goals, and Planning
- Lectures, demonstration, and definition of a great portfolio is outlined by acclaimed illustrators, John English and Edward Kinsella.
- Each student outlines the purpose and goals tied to their portfolio.
- Breakout groups: Students articulate their goals and outline the necessary steps to succeed in small groups.
- Everyone receives a portfolio assignment.
Execution, Application, Critique
- The instructing artists deliver a lecture and demonstration applicable to the assignment.
- Students apply this information towards their assignment.
- Students receive constructive feedback from Illustration Academy instructors and program director.
- Students complete workshop with the necessary confidence and practical knowledge to complete the assignment and apply this information to other portfolio work.
July 28 & July 29 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
InterUrban ArtHouse (Overland Park, Kansas)